Adjunct Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
Office Phone: 202-741-2911
Department: Emergency Medicine
- MPH, George Washington University, 2000
- MBBS, King Abdul-Aziz University, 2004
- Simulation & Medical Education, 2014
- Emergency Care Operation, Research & Health Policy, 2013
The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington DC, USA
- Residency in Emergency Medicine, George Washington University, 2007-2011
- Master Teacher Leadership & Development, Graduate Certificate, George Washington University, 2014
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE), Society for Simulation in Healthcare, 2014
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- ED Operations and Research
- Medical Simulation and Education
- Quality improvement and Safety
- American College of Emergency Physicians, Fellow
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine, Fellow
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, Member
- The Society for Simulation in Healthcare, Member
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS
- Pines JM., Abualenain, J., Scott J., Shesser R., Eds. (2014).Emergency Care and The Public's Health. Published by Wiley-Blackwell.
- Abualenain, J., Pines JM. (2014). Chapter 28. Formal Management Training in Emergency Medicine. Kazzi, A. et al (Ed.), Rules of the Road for Medical Students (2nd). Milwaukee, WI: American Academy of Emergency Medicine.
- Distinction Award for Faculty members at KAU, Faculty of Medicine 2015
- Excellence in Research - Department of Emergency Medicine George Washington University 2011
- Best Resident Paper - Mid-Atlantic SAEM 2011
- Plenary Presenter Award - Mid-Atlantic SAEM 2011
- Certificate of achievement “Outstanding fellowship performance” Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
- Certificate of achievement “Excellence in residency” Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission
Centers and Institutes
King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Chairman of The Department of Emergency Medicine, 2015 - Current
- Director, Quality Research, & Development, Clinical Skills & Simulation Center, 2014 - Current
Abualenain, Jameel, et al. "Emergency Department Physician-Level and Hospital-Level Variation In Admission Rates." Annals of Emergency Medicine (2013).
Abualenain, Jameel, et al. "The Prevalence of Quality Issues and Adverse Outcomes among 72-Hour Return Admissions in the Emergency Department." The Journal of Emergency Medicine (2013).
Pines JM., Abualenain, J. "Emergency department crowding: A worldwide problem with evidence-based, but underused solutions." Notfall & Rettungsmedizin (2012).
Industry Relationships and Collaborations
This faculty member (or a member of their immediate family) has reported a financial interest with the health care related companies listed below. These relations have been reported to the University and, when appropriate, management plans are in place to address potential conflicts.