Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine
Office Phone: 202-741-2911
Department: Emergency Medicine
- BA, Brown University, 1998
- MD, Brown University School of Medicine, 2002
• Basiouny K, Corrigan Z, Avstreih D, Forgash A. The Role of the Regional Triage Officer in Mass Casualty Incident. Preparedness, Emergency Response and Recovery Conference 2013.
• Davis T, Corrigan Z, Engle J, Dean S, Avstreih D, Brison G, Hanfling D, Jackson W. Leveraging Clinical Expertise During A Mass Casualty Incident Using Mobile Telemedicine. 8th Annual Joint Commission Resources Emergency Preparedness Conference, 2012.
• Wilkerson W, Avstreih D, Gruppen L, Beier K, Woolliscroft J. Using Immersive Simulation for Training First Responders for Mass Casualty Incidents. Academic Emergency Medicine 2008; 15:1152–1159.
• Avstreih D. Conventional Explosives, in Khare R, Newton C. Emergency Medicine Handbook. Mosby 2006
• Avstreih D. Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Terrorism, in Khare R, Newton C. Emergency Medicine Handbook, Mosby 2006
• Sullivan F, Avstreih D: Pneumothorax during CPR training. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine 2000; 15(1):64-70.
• Avstreih D. The Rescue. Brown Alumni Monthly. Nov-Dec 2001.
• Avstreih D, Wilkerson W, on behalf of the University of Michigan Disaster Simulation Team. . Using Immersive Simulation for Training First Responders for Mass Casualty Incidents. University of Michigan Medical Education Day; April 2004.
• Avstreih D, Litvack Z. EMIG.org – a novel internet-based strategy for matching emergency medicine researchers to motivated medical students. SAEM Northeast Regional Annual Meeting, April 2001.
• INOVA Fairfax Emergency Department Doctor of the Quarter.
• Emergency Medicine Resident Association Jean K. Hollister, MD Memorial Emergency Medical Services Award.
• Society of Academic Emergency Medicine Medical Student Excellence Award.
• Hospital Association of Rhode Island Medal of Service.
• Letter of Commendation, Lincoln Almond, Governor of Rhode Island.
American College of Surgeons Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness Course.
Emergency Medical Services
Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Response
Centers and Institutes
View publications by this faculty member.
Industry Relationships and Collaborations
This faculty member (or a member of their immediate family) has reported a financial interest with the health care related companies listed below. These relations have been reported to the University and, when appropriate, management plans are in place to address potential conflicts.